Sunday, April 12, 2009

FLAMINGOS.

YES. I finally got the Network Media Production first assignment done.
What is it on you ask?
Well my dears, FLAMINGOS of course. Clearly I am crazy enough to have one tattooed on myself that it was about time I actually did a piece of work on them.
It is actually meant to be an online exhibition, and my word was I quite delighted to look up about one MILLION images of flamingos.
It is true however, you do learn new things every day. I tell you I just knew I thought flamingos were beautiful and I thought there was just the standard pink feathered, long necked, long legged one.
Ok so they all do share a degree of pink colouring which I also learned was due to the carotene in their diet (aka. what is in carrots) maybe if I eat enough I could also turn a lovely shade of pink? Hmm...
But truly there are six different species of Flamingo. SIX. This means six tattoos I can get of the different species. LOL.
The one I have has cadillac fins attached to its bum, so I guess it's not a real Flamingo. Aka. SORRY MUM looks like I'm looking for more excuses to be ink covered! But back to the point. Six different species. Thing is once you look at the images you can see they vary, in colour, leg colour, beak colouring. It BLEW my mind to say the least.
Anyways without further a do, please enjoy or not enjoy looking at PINK PAGES of PINK FEATHERED FLAMINGOS.
OH and read all about the six species. So not only is it Pretty In Pink (vomit. lame pun) but its educational. How delightful.


Above. Is just ONE species of Flamingo. Can you imagine? JUST ONE. wow.

Oh and now with my all new knowledge thanks to my online exhibition I can confidently tell you that it is a Caribbean Flamingo. Uni made me smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment